Construction Services Group
Construction Services Group (CSG) specializes in providing construction management related services specifically for school districts. We offer project management, construction management, constructability and building commissioning services for school districts throughout the state of Washington. CSG is a program of ESD 112 (Vancouver, WA) and is being offered to regional districts in cooperation with Puget Sound ESD.
“Concept to Completion.” CSG provides a menu of services from which school districts can choose. The client benefits by having any or all of these services provided by a single entity:
• Community surveys
• Master project budgeting
• Master project scheduling
• Facilities bond strategies
• Community meetings facilitation
• Public information management
• Educational specifications (to OSPI requirements)
• Facilitation of design team selection
Design Period Services
• Budgeting/cost management
• Schedule management
• Quality review
• Design review
• Constructability reviews (to OSPI requirements)
Construction Period Services (Owner’s Representative)
• Project administration
• Project cost management
• Project schedule management
• Construction quality monitoring
• Building commissioning (to OSPI requirements)
• Management of separate owner, contractors, vendors
Post Construction Services
• Warranty management and one-year walk-through
CSG provides hands-on, experienced construction managers on your site to represent the school district’s interests in the areas of cost control, schedule compliance and quality.
Building commissioning is the process of verifying that the installation and performance of selected building systems meet or exceed the specified design criteria.
The constructability review identifies potential claim or problem areas and deficiencies that may occur as a result of errors, ambiguities, omissions, discrepancies and conflicts in design documents.
CSG services are unique in several ways:
• We can provide a “concept to completion” array of services. This means that we are prepared to support school districts from the pre-bond phase to construction closeout with a consistent process and staff. Or, districts can pick and choose from a menu of tasks to assure a proper fit with district capabilities.
• We are school specialists. We provide construction related services only to school districts. Therefore, we have a high degree of expertise in these building types. In the past 11 years, CSG has successfully managed school construction projects valued at over $3.5 billion.
• CSG routinely manages construction projects that receive Washington state funding support. We are familiar with the requirements of this funding program and the OSPI staff associated with the program.
• CSG offers several of the OSPI mandated “value added measures” under one roof. In addition to construction management, these include constructability review studies and building commissioning.
• As an ESD program, we are exposed to a wide array of educational support services in addition to those related to construction. This gives us special insight into the needs of school districts.
• Because ESDs are dedicated to the support of school districts, CSG is a natural advocate for our client districts in the area of construction management services. We act as an extension of the district’s staff.