New Construction NJ
Take a comprehensive, whole-building approach to saving energy in your planned buildings and earn incentives that are directly linked to your savings. Pay for Performance relies on a network of program partners who provide technical services under direct contract to you. Acting as your energy expert, your partner will develop an energy reduction plan for each project by developing a simulated computer model of your planned building and helping design it to perform 15% better than a minimally code-compliant building.
Commercial, industrial and institutional buildings with 50, 000 square feet or more of planned conditioned space are eligible to participate including hotels and casinos, large office buildings, select multifamily buildings, supermarkets, manufacturing facilities, schools, shopping malls and restaurants. Existing buildings undergoing substantial renovations may also be eligible to participate if the project involves:
- Change of use and reconstruction of space within;
- Construction work that requires the building to be out of service for 30 days or more; OR
- Reconstruction of a vacant structure
Your energy reduction plan must define a comprehensive package of measures capable of achieving energy costs 15% below the current energy code.
Pay for Performance incentives are awarded upon the satisfactory completion of three program milestones:
- Incentive #2 - Submittal of a complete as-built energy reduction plan - based on actual installed energy efficiency measures. Incentives are based on $1.00 per square foot.
- Incentive #3 - Submittal of complete commissioning report - A completed report with commissioning results verifying performance of energy efficient equipment. Provided that the minimum performance threshold of 15% has been achieved, incentives are based on $0.35 to $0.65 per square foot.