Rental Maintenance Checklist
Residents come and go from every community. When move-outs occur, make a sweep of the unit, checking each room from floor to ceiling, corner to corner. Mark down anything that needs repairing and fix it.
Tips to Make Property Turns Faster and Easier
- Be prepared: stock up on essential products like light bulbs, hardware, and cleaning supplies so you can move through turns projects more efficiently.
- Allow enough time for the inspection and any repairs that need to be done.
- Bring a floor plan and a checklist so no room or area is overlooked.
- Start at the front door: update locks so old keys will not work, and give the door a fresh coat of paint to make a good first impression.
- Look at each room two ways, big picture and small details. Take a look at the flooring, walls, doors, windows, and ceilings. How can you make them look and feel like new? And don't forget the small stuff like outlets, light switches, knobs, fixtures, faucets, and bulbs. They can freshen up a room for very little money and effort.
- Take notes and detail what repairs and improvements were made to the apartment. This helps you quickly answer questions from residents before and after they move in.
- Go green when updating: Replace bath hardware with water-conserving products. Swap out incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs. Making your property more environmentally preferable impresses residents and saves money on maintenance and energy costs.
- Leave behind a small welcome gift. Make new residents feel welcome with gift boxes and baskets, magnets, mugs, key chains, and pens customized with your property logo. Paper towels and toilet tissue are always appreciated as well.
Tips for Turning on a Tight Schedule
Sometimes, new residents need to move-in fast and you won't have time for a full turn. Here are four areas to focus on:
- Clean thoroughly. If you only have time to do just one thing, clean the unit from top to bottom. That way, the unit is clean and sanitized for the next resident.
- Make sure everything works. Check lights, hardware, faucets, and appliances and confirm they are in good working condition. If you don't have time to fix something before move-in, let your tenant know a replacement, repair, or upgrade is on the way.
- A website like www.panamacitybeachairportshuttleandtaxicabservice.com/taxi-to-fort-walton-beach-destin-airport-vps-dts/ will provide you with the highest quality in the industry.